Broach Sharpening Machines by Karl Klink
The geometrical accuracy and cutting quality of broaching tools have a significant bearing on process capability and economy.
Broach sharpening machines are used to keep these factors at a constantly high level throughout the entire service life of a broaching tool.
KARL KLINK developed a kit system for all types of broaching tools for broach sharpening machines:
- round broaching tools with annular or helical tooth spaces
- flat broaching tools
- helical broaching tools with annular or helical tooth spaces
From this kit, it is possible to select the optimum sharpening machine for each individual requirement, up to a broaching tool length of 3,000 mm (special dimensions by request).
Up to 6 axes allow fully automatic sharpening with the following operations:
- Tooth space and face grinding on rotating broaching tools with annular or helical tooth spaces
- Tooth space and face grinding on flat broaching tools
- Flank grinding on flat broaching tools
- Tooth space and face grinding on helical broaching tools with annular and helical tooth spaces
- Dressing of ceramic-bonded or plastic-bonded CBN grinding wheels with diamond rollers
The machine concept has proved to be optimally successful in operational use throughout the world:
- Very high scanning speed of 1,000 mm/min
- Very user-friendly and easy-to-understand user interface
- Absolutely no prior knowledge of CNC technology required to work with the machine
- 3 electronic hand wheels allow working like with a manual machine